Home    Contact Us    Sitemap
Georgia's Global City College Park Air Transportation Gateway
Historic College Park Sign
College Park, GA - Home Page

Go To Search
Business License / Tax Office
Occupation Tax Certificates
The City of College Park issues Occupation Tax Certificates only to those businesses located within the city limits of College Park. If a business is located in unincorporated Fulton County the owner must apply to the county for a business license. Those individuals engaged in any business, trade, profession or occupation within the city must register with and pay an occupational tax to the City of College Park.
  • An administrative fee of $50 is assessed for most business and occupation accounts. Additionally, businesses regulated by College Park Police in accordance with State of Georgia O.C.G.A. 48-13-9 must pay a regulatory fee:
    • Pawn Shops
    • Adult Entertainment Establishments
    • Taxicabs

Gross Receipts
Each person licensed by Georgia’s Secretary of State must provide a copy of their current state license before the City of College Park can issue them a City tax certificate. Business licenses must be renewed annually. Proof of gross receipts must accompany each application. Businesses with annual gross receipts in excess of $25,000 per year pay a fee based upon gross receipts and the profitability ratio for the type of business.

Businesses with gross receipts below $25,000, and where federal law precludes imposition of a gross receipts tax, pay a fee based on number of employees. Professionals may elect to pay an annual business occupation tax based upon gross receipts or a $300 fee for each practitioner involved in the business.

Occupation tax renewal payments are due by 5:00 P.M. on April 15th. A 10% penalty is assessed on delinquent payments.

College Park City Hall
3667 Main St.
College Park, GA 30337
Phone: (404) 767-1537